Various tasks will be tackled during this weekend. Mostly trying to get the roof up which means many hands to move, debark and lift logs. There may be some framing to do, backfilling, maybe even some hugelkultur work (for permie enthusiasts). We'll have to see how the weekend goes and what we can achieve. Should be a fun one and I plan to cook up some kind of bird on Sunday. We definitely have lots to be thankful for.
Here are the logistical details for the weekend:
TIME: Saturday Oct 10 - Sunday Oct 11 (These are the official building days but you are welcome to come set up camp earlier and/or stay later if you wish - enjoy the fall colours and the crisp weather)
WHERE: Bancroft, Ontario (Contact me for directions - we don't have an official numbered address yet)
FOOD: All meals will be provided and some snacks. If you have dietary restrictions/preferences then please let me know in advance.
RSVP: Let me know when and for how long you plan to come and how may people are coming with you - this is so I know how much food to prepare.
ACCOMMODATION: All we can offer is camping here on-site. We know it's getting quite cold already so you may prefer to stay at a local B&B or motel. Contact me for suggestions.
- tent, sleeping bag, extra warm stuff if camping
- work clothing, shoes and jacket
- gloves for working if you have them
- bottle for drinking water
DAILY SCHEDULE 'PLAN':
8am - breakfast
9am - build
1pm - lunch
2pm - build
5pm - break
6pm - dinner, campfire, fun
• We are completely off-grid. We have a small solar system and collect water from town. There will be enough water here for drinking, cooking and washing up but no shower unfortunately. There is the local campground which offers shower facilities for about $2.
• Depending on the size of group we get I will likely ask for a couple extra hands for meal prep and washing up (not exciting building stuff but part of the reality of communal living
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for having a look and hope to see you soon!
Oh and here's a photo of me shoving bales into place. Finally got a break from baby-minding and got a chance to pitch in on the building today!